Allotments are plots of land that are made available for individual, non professional gardening.
Allotments have lots of benefits, including:
- Community: better quality of urban life.
- Environment: conservation of biotopes.
- Families: meaningful leisure activity teaching children where food comes from and how it is grown.
- Green Issues: self sufficiency.
- Sense of achievement: grow tasty, organic food on your doorstep.
Allbrook Parish Council manages two allotment sites:
Broomhill allotment site is a 117 plot site and is situated off Broomhill Way, Allbrook.
Facilities: Water, Electricity, Toilets and Communal Store.
Plot Size: 100 x 5 rods (1 rod = 25.29 square metres) and 17 x 2.5 rods
Lincoln's Rise allotment site is a 15 plot site and is situated off Lincoln's Rise, Allbrook.
Facilities: Water and Toilet.
Plot Size: 5 rods (1 rod = 25.29 square metres) - varying sizes.
How do I apply for a Allotment Plot?
To apply for an allotment plot, please fill in this form and submit it to the Parish Council or email the Allotment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org